How to take good care of your liver:
1. Reducing high consumption of the following:
Sugar and sweet foods;
Fatty and oily foods;
Processed drinks eg soft drinks;
Flour products, eg bread, boflot, noodles, etc.
Painkillers eg. Acetaminophen (known as paracetamol), diclofenac, etc; and
Meat especially red meat
2. Stop drinking of unclean water especially from ‘galamsey’ mining area.
3. Stop putting naphthalene ball or camphor into drinking water.
4. Poly-pharmacy ie taking of more than two prescription chemical drugs from your doctor without review of drugs.
5. Unapproved and non-evidence based herbal concoctions from unconfirmed sources must be avoided.
Things safe for the liver include:
1. Milk thistle, Bitter leaf, fruits and vegetables.
2.Frequent drinking of clean water.
3.Regular medical check-up depending on your medical history to reverse any damage quickly.
4.Report any adverse drug effects to your practicing doctor.
5. Those with family history of liver problem especially cancer must take Hepatitis B vaccination seriously.
6. In case of signs of yellowish eyes and urine colouration without swelling of body parts drink water excessively and report to your doctor or the nearest hospital for immediate medical attention.